Sunday, September 28, 2008

A little bit of Fall



I can't claim that this is the best picture I've taken, but I think you can get the point. The biggest point is that you don't have to spend a ton of money on decorating your house for fall.  

In this little pic I have faux flowers from Pier 1, purchased about 8 years ago for a total of $5. I like them b/c they are the colors of fall, and yes, even though they are fake (gasp!), they have held up well for instant color. The leaves are real leaves that have been preserved. I got these at Michael's about three years ago, and once again, they have held up well. The vase is a simple glass vase (I like clear glass as it draws your focus to what's in the vase, and not to what is on the vase) from Pier 1, for about $20, purchased 8 years ago. 

I keep all of my seasonal items in a closet on a top shelf so that they aren't destroyed when they are not in use. 

Like I said, not the best pic., but just an idea. :)

No comments: